- IMAGING DESIGN Need an optical design expert? Our imaging optical designers have mastered practically every form of optical challenge.
- ILLUMINATION DESIGN Looking for an illumination expert, or do you just need to complement your existing team? Either way, we can help.
- SYSTEMS DESIGN We know electro-optical systems design, thermo-optics, opto-mechanics and materials science.
Engineering Services That Deliver
Synopsys' Optical Solutions Group, formerly Optical Research Associates (ORA®), is a leader in the optics industry as an independent supplier of optical systems design services, with more than 4,800 completed projects in imaging, illumination and optical systems engineering since ORA was founded in 1963. The group is also one of the world's leading developers of optical design and analysis tools—CODE V® imaging design software and LightTools® illumination design software.
Our optical design team provides expert, imaginative and cost-effective solutions across the entire spectrum of optics. This includes emerging and maturing technologies for government, commercial and consumer products, including breakthrough designs for compact disk player optics, LED taillights, holographic heads-up displays and precision illumination systems. We are knowledgeable of and compliant with ITAR regulations.
Our team has won many awards in the field of optical design, such as the prestigious NASA Public Service Group Achievement Award in recognition of our engineering contributions to space exploration missions. Members of our team have been awarded 132 patents in the field of optical design.
Your project should fit into one of the following categories:
- Develop systems that optically transfer images to a wide variety of detectors, including the eye, CMOS sensors/CCDs, print and film media, and photoresists.
- Industry applications encompass the full spectrum from the extreme UV to beyond the infrared, even extending to acoustic imaging.
- Develop illumination systems that use virtually any source—from LEDs to bulbs to electrodeless lamps—and deliver light to its intended location.
- Industry applications include general lighting, roadway lighting, automotive interior and exterior lighting, machine vision, medical/biotech, solar energy, entertainment and displays.
- Develop the interdisciplinary aspects of imaging- and illumination-based designs, including error budgets, cost modeling and independent assessments and design reviews.
- Industry applications include electro-optical systems design, thermo-optics, opto-mechanics, aero-optics and materials science.
Request a quote